Chaz and AJ Weblog - 10/9/13
Brendan Sharkey - The Speaker of the CT House of Representatives was in studio for the first time to take on the hard-hitting questions of the Tribe.
Dr. Patty Ann - There are so many things that annoy the Tribe about their spouses, so the doctor was in to help them out.
Jeff Valin - News 8's weekend anchor stopped by the Pilot Rest Area in Milford to talk to intern Wingnut, who's been furloughed until the Government resumes.
Drew Pickering - The Co-Owner of Molto Bene in Ansonia was in studio, with the famous Bene Balls, to talk about the beginning of PinkToberFest tomorrow!
AJ's TOP 10 LIST:
The partial government shutdown is now in its eighth day. While some people aren't feeling the impact yet, effects are hitting communities across the country.
TOP 10: WAYS A GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN WILL AFFECT YOUR DAILY LIFE
1) OUR SENSE OF AMERICAN PRIDE - America is the largest economy in the world and a beacon for how democracy ought to work.
2) NO TRASH PICK-UP FOR DC RESIDENTS - There wouldn't be anyone to collect your garbage. Washington's budget has to be approved by Congress. No budget for the city = no trash collection.
3) NO SMALL BUSINESS LOANS/FEDERAL HOUSING LOANS - If you own a small business and needed a loan from the government, you'll have to wait, depending on how long this lasts. If you were planning to buy a house and needed a federal loan, you'll have to wait.
4) NO NEW GUN PERMITS - A shutdown would affect the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Translation: That gun permit you wanted processed won't happen anytime soon if this goes on for a while.
5) NO NEW PASSPORTS ISSUED - If you don't already have a passport, you might have to bid that adieu. You might not get your blue book in time.
6) YOU'LL STILL GET BILLS/JUNKMAIL DELIVERY - The U.S. Postal Service works through shutdowns as well. Sorry, you won't catch a break from the junk mail.
7) YOU STILL HAVE TO PAY YOUR TAXES - You may be thinking, "No functioning government, no need to pay taxes." Think again. The Man would continue to collect taxes.
8) MEN & WOMEN OF THE ARMED FORCES STILL GET PAID - The men and women in uniform will stay on the job and be paid, according to legislation approved by Congress in the run-up to the shutdown.
9) FEDERAL EMPLOYEES GET FURLOUGHED - Don't go to work if you're a federal employee. You're on furlough.
10) NATIONAL PARKS & ATTRACTIONS CLOSED - Need to get away? Well, you can't. At least not to national parks. Or to national zoos. Or to national museums. They'll be closed.
Q: On average, men will do this once every 18 days. What is it?
A: Wash their bath towel.
(Hint: Don’t even touch that)