John DeStefano - The outgoing New Haven Mayor was in studio this morning to talk about his 20-year service as Mayor, the longest tenure in New Haven history.
Regina Kirschbaum - Called in to talk about her personal experience in LAX while the shooting was taking place.
Scott McLean - Professor of Political Science at Quinnipiac University was in studio this morning to talk about the local elections today.
AJ's TOP 10 LIST:
Today is Election Day… a day to get out and make your voice heard… or… not.
Top 10: Reasons Why People Don't Vote
1) Some people feel their vote won’t count so they say “Why vote?”
2) Students and employees report they are too busy to take time off from work or
3) Some Americans are not interested in voting or politics.
4) People who are ill or disabled can’t get to the polls.
5) Illegal immigrants are not authorized to vote.
6) Many non-voters say they just don’t like the candidates.
7) Some residents don’t have transportation to get to the polls.
8) Citizens might be out of town on vacation or business trips.
9) Forgetting to vote is a common explanation.
10) Many Americans complain the voting lines are too long.
Q: Almost 40 thousand people wind up in the E.R. because of these. What are they?
A: Nail guns
(Hint: Not what they meant when they say “improvement”)