On Sunday, city police responded to a call involving 10-15 people fighting at the gym’s Cleveland Avenue location. It started all on the basketball court over a call and escalated, moving into the main fitness area. “People were actually throwing two and a half, five, 10 pound weights within the building,” said Police Lt. Lorne Rosand. This recent fight is just part of a bigger problem. Police say the gym has been plagued with crime in recent years. Police are frustrated with that LA Fitness as their requests to put in security cameras or have guards on site have all been denied.
TOP 10: GYM PET PEEVES
1. Sweating all over a machine and not cleaning up afterward.
2. Grunting too loud or excessively, and sometimes in ways that make the rest of us uncomfortable.
3. Chatty people or cell phone yakkers that seem to go to the gym as a social activity.
4. Singing to the music in your headphones.
5. Not putting your weights away after using them.
6.Being far too comfortable with your naked body in the locker room.
7. People that have to use the treadmill next to you, when there's plenty of others not in use.
8. Weight tossers and those who let cable machine weights just crash instead of letting them down gently.
9. Hogging a piece of equipment.
10. People who just plain stink. Wear deodorant, wash your gym attire.