Wal-Mart Stores Inc. is recalling 174,000 dolls because the toy can overheat and potentially burn consumers.
The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission said Tuesday that the "My Sweet Love / My Sweet Baby Cuddle Care Baby Doll" has a circuit board in its chest that can overheat, causing the surface of the doll to get hot and burn someone. Wal-Mart has received 12 reports of incidents, including two burns or blisters to the thumb.
Consumers should stop using the product, remove the batteries and return them to any Wal-Mart store for a refund.
TOP 10: MOST DANGEROUS TOYS OF ALL TIME
1) Hasbro Easy Bake Oven- Hasbro recalled over a million Easy Bake Ovens between 2005 and 2006 due to numerous reports of children baking their fingers instead of delicious treats. 2) Lawn Darts ( Jarts ) - After the deaths of at least three children lawn darts were banned by the CPSC. The agency also recommended the destruction of existing sets.
3) Gilbert U-238 Atomic Energy Lab - Maybe you think it’s obvious that including uranium in a child’s toy isn’t an especially good idea. But apparently that never occurred to the makers of the Gilbert Atomic Energy Lab, it featured four Uranium bearing ore samples and a preformatted order form for more. Sold only one year, 1951-'52.
4) Creepy Crawlers- The small oven came with metal hot plates which were filled with "goop" and baked into plastic insects. Though many parents only allowed their kids to use this very real oven under supervision, many a burned finger was virtually unavoidable.
5) Aqua Dots (aka Date Rape Drugs)-reports surfaced almost immediately of children vomiting and lapsing into comas after swallowing the beads. Why? Because scientists discovered that the glue contained chemicals that metabolized into gamma-hydroxybutyrate, otherwise known as GHB – the date rape drug.
6) Pogo Sticks- Some pogo sticks claim to be able to bounce up to six feet in the air -- don't buy those for your kids. The higher you go, the less control you have, and the more likely you are to crash.
7) Click Clacks- Two hard acrylic balls that when played hard, would crack down upon wrists, causing breaks or fractures.
8) Trampolines- There are about 100,000 injuries from trampolines every year.
9) Scooters - Scooters are all the rage these days, and with good reason -- they're fantastically fun. But each year, there are millions of scooter-related injuries.
10) "My Sweet Love / My Sweet Baby Cuddle Care Baby Doll"- Has a circuit board in its chest that can overheat, causing the surface of the doll to get hot and burn someone.