...THE CHAZ & AJ 1989 PROM IS FRIDAY ! GET YOUR TICKETS...WE ARE CELEBRATING THE 80'S THIS WEEK IN THE TOP 10...TODAY IT'S...
TOP 10: BEST 80'S MUSIC VIDEOS
1. "Thriller"- Michael Jackson(1983) If the Video Music Awards had existed in 1983, MTV would have had to practically create a category just for the culture-dominating ingeniousness of "Thriller."
2. "Like A Prayer"- Madonna(1989)The religious imagery in the 1989 hit quickly got Madge into hot water with Pepsi, whom she was doing commercials with at the time.
3. "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun"- Cyndi Lauper (1983) The clip is an '80s gem for its sitcom-y vibe, with wrestler Captain Lou Albano in a white wife-beater undershirt playing Cyndi's dad.
4. "Take On Me"- a-ha (1985) The Norwegian trio is arguably more famous for this comics-inspired, rotoscoped video, directed by Steve Barron, than for the 1985 hit itself.
5. "When Doves Cry"- Prince(1984) Dig, if you will, this picture, of Prince famously immersed in a bathtub and slithering on his hands and knees as the visual backdrop to his 1984 classic.
6. "Sledgehammer"-Peter Gabriel(1986) He used stop-motion animation and claymation to great effect in making "Slegehammer" a smash hit (and winner of the 1987 MTV VMA for Video of the Year)
7. "Hungry Like The Wolf"- Duran Duran (1983) raiding through the jungles of Sri Lanka like five would-be Indiana Jones.
8. "Walk This Way"- RUN-D.M.C. and Aerosmith (1986) RUN-D.M.C. spun Areosmith's familiar rock tune into rap gold, playing loud neighbors with a Spandexed Steven Tyler, who came bursting through their unlaced-Adidas lair.
9. "Every Breath You Take"- The Police(1983)With its eerie black and white and Sting's earnest/creepy ode to obsessive love, this video captured The Police's glory days.
10. "Rhythm Nation"- Janet Jackson(1989) Years before Coldplay raided the Sgt. Pepper's jacket department, Ms. Jackson and her crew put on their military jackets and did the finely choreographed routine that fans everywhere wore out countless VHS tapes rewinding to memorize.