Fast food workers rallied yesterday, calling for $15 an hour wages and the right to form a union without retaliation from the employer. 150 cities in total took part in the rally, including Hamden, Hartford and Bloomfield. It will expand around the world from Japan to Brazil. Expected rallies took place at fast food restaurants including Wendy’s, Burger King, McDonalad’s and Dunkin’ Donuts. This is not the first time workers have walked off their job. For the past couple of years, they have taken a risk to protest and fight for higher earnings.
TOP 10: FAST FOOD WORKER'S PET PEEVES ABOUT CUSTOMERS
1) CUSTOMERS NOT HAVING MONEY READY WHEN PULLING UP TO WINDOW
2) CUSTOMERS THAT CANNOT MAKE UP THEIR MIND, HOLDING UP THE LINE
3) RUDENESS / TREAT WORKERS LIKE SERVANTS
4) CUSTOMERS THAT COMPLAIN THAT THEY LINE MOVES TOO SLOW AT PEAK HOURS
5) CUSTOMERS THAT DON'T SPEAK UP WHEN ORDERING
6) CUSTOMERS ON CELL PHONES WHILE ON DRIVE THRU LINES
7) CUSTOMERS WITH LOUD STEREOS, OR CHILDREN YELLING IN CAR- CAN'T HEAR THE ORDERS
8) CUSTOMERS THAT ASK HOW MUCH AN ITEM IS- WHEN THE PRICE IS RIGHT IN FRONT OF THEM
9) CUSTOMERS THAT SCROUNGE EVERY FREE ITEM THEY CAN GET ( CONDIMENTS, STRAWS, ETC.
10) CUSTOMERS THAT WIND UP NOT HAVING ENOUGH MONEY ON THEM, NEED ITEMS TAKEN OFF