We honor those who gave their lives for our freedom this Memorial Day weekend. These are the movies considered the best to watch.
TOP 10: MOVIES TO WATCH ON MEMORIAL DAY WEEKEND
1. Apocalypse Now (1979)- Fan's of director Francis Ford Coppola still argue to decide if this or "The Godfather" is truly his masterpiece, but no one denies that this film is one of the greatest war movies ever made.
2. The Patriot (2000)- The tale of Benjamin Martin (Mel Gibson) who was a hero from the French-Indian war just wanted to be left alone. He gets drawn into the Revolutionary war when a sadistic British soldier murders his son.
3. Full Metal Jacket (1987)- Stanley Kubrick's take on the Vietnam War is done in two-parts. The first half is set at the Paris Island Marine training facility, where a group of men are turned into killing machines. the second part follows those same men as they learn to cope with being said killers.
4. The Bridge on the River Kwai ( 1954 )- Legendary epic about the clash of wills between two determined military leaders.
5. MASH (1970) - Based on a book, this Korean War comedy struck out against war.
6. The Hurt Locker (2008)- While there is no happy ending here, it does manage to portray the hellish time that soldier in Iraq have had to go through for the past decade.
7. Casualties of War (1989)- Michael J. Fox plays a soldier in Vietnam as he discovers just how quickly integrity can go out the window when men go to war.
8. Saving Private Ryan (1998)- Steven Spielberg's WWII drama of the 1944 Omaha Beach landing.
9. Patton (1970)- The opening scene of George C. Scott against the American Flag background is still one of the more iconic images in film.
10. Platoon (1986)- One of Oliver Stone's best films, this Vietnam War drama is loaded with scenes that really make you think, if you want to, otherwise it's still a great action flick.