Kids | Family
These Business workshops co-sponsored by New Haven SCORE ( http://newhaven.score.org/) and the New Haven Free Public Library will help participants understand basic financial statements, learn how to build a recognizable brand, and manage social media effectively. Participants will receive a certificate of attendance upon successful completion of the series. Spring Entrepreneur Series @ New Haven LibraryWednesday evenings 5:30-7:30pmApril 3, 10, 17 & 24
This series of 4 workshops will help you:
- Define and evaluate your ideas for a new business venture
- Develop a marketing strategy
- Identify the best ways to fund your start-up
- Turn your idea into action with tools and templates
- Get useful and helpful mentoring sessions
- Connect with other entrepreneursEach weekly session covers an essential entrepreneurial topic. These workshops are for entrepreneurs currently in business or anyone thinking about starting a new business.April 3 - Business Planning with Dennis Brown· How to and why we are writing a business plan· Our key to risk management for ourselves· Building a model for our business· How do I get paid ?· How can I foresee some of the problems with my business? April 10 - Purple Marketing with Art Mollengarden· Learn how to make your advertising stand out from the crowd· Make your business remarkable
April 17 - Managing Your Business in the Cloud with Vishu Rao -Be more productive by storing/accessing your business information/data from the cloud!
April 24 - Money & Finance with Tom Mazzaferro· Introduction to Financial Management· Basics of recordkeeping· Introduction to QuickBooks For further details call 203-865-7645Bios of Workshop Presenters:Dennis Brown, VP of Business Counseling, CT Community Investment Corp, the #1 SBA 504 lender in Connecticut. Denns brings over 20 years of entrepeneurial experience to CTIC.Art Mollengarden, Vice Chair of SCORE and a Professor of marketing at area colleges and universities. He is expert at discovering and perfecting the competitive advantage for companies and organizations.Vishu Rao, Business Analyst with Veoci Software. Vishu has had many roles as a consultant for a Fortune 5 company in the United States, he was instrumental in providing business solutions and solving complex problems by engaging with diverse customers from Healthcare, Aviation, Energy, Capital and Media businesses. Highly competent in articulating IT solutions to business and technology audiences, he enjoys marketing and showcasing technology solutions in various forums and events.Tom Mazzaferro, Seasoned accountant with over 30 years experience and is CMA certified. Tom was formally chief financial officer of a financial service organization and also held financila positions with an insurance company, an electrical distributor and a retail farm supply organization. His experience includes financial reporting, taxation, budgeting and capital management.
Spring 2013 Entrepreneur Series 0.00