Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, The Sickle Cell Association of America, Southern CT 29th Annual Walkathon & James Barber 5K Run is going virtual. The event, set for September 24 – September 27, is the signature fundraising event for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America of Southern CT. Runners, walkers and sponsors will help the event raise over $50,000 for the SCDAA of Southern CT.
Participants can run or walk the 5K or 1 Mile event at a time and place of their choosing between September 24 – September 27. Results can then be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org to be compiled into the official results database.
How the Virtual Event Works
- Register online for the 5K run or 1 mile walk .
- Race bib and t-shirts will be mailed to all participants.
- Complete your run or walk at a time and location of your choosing between September 24 – September 27.
- Send your results to email@example.com to have your time compiled into the official results database.
Encourage friends and family to join you!
- POST. TAG. SHARE! Take a photo with your bib and t-shirt and tag @jbsportsevents
Earn FREE Walk Entry!
Those who donate or raise $200 or more earn a complimentary entry to the 5K race or 1 mile walk. Create a fundraising page during online race registration or by clicking here. Once you have raised $200, you will automatically be refunded your entry fee. Fundraising teams and individuals are encouraged! Awards are presented to top three fundraisers! Email firstname.lastname@example.org with questions.
- Top three fundraisers will receive an award.
- Top 5K Male and Female overall finishers receive an award.
- Top 3 men & women 5K finishers in each of the following divisions:
- 12 & Under, 13-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79 and 80+.
Sponsorship Opportunities: With your help, thousands of dollars can be raised for the Sickle Cell Disease Association of America. To learn more about becoming a sponsor, contact James Rawlings at email@example.com.
About Sickle Cell Disease Association of America (SCDAA) of Southern CT, Inc.
The mission of the organization is to provide education, screening, counseling and support services to persons with sickle cell disease and trait. The SCDAA of Southern CT was founded in 1985. They have recently expanded their service area by adding an office in New Haven. The SCDAA is a non-profit 501(C)3 organization that is committed to patients and their families living with sickle cell disease in CT. The primary goals of the organization are prevention, education and optimizing the quality of life for individuals and families affected by sickle cell disease