Celebrate the 50th anniversary of Connecticut’s #1 Rock Station at the 99.1 PLR Crosspoint Federal Credit Union Golden 5K! This year’s race is held at College Woods at New Haven’s East Rock Park, in place of the Shamrock & Roll 5K. The location is ideal for a safe, socially distanced event. This year’s event again benefits the Diaper Bank of Connecticut. We look forward to seeing you on Sunday, July 11th at our LIVE event!
Currently Connecticut races are limited to 750 runners. We plan to hold two socially distant races limited to 750 participants per race.
Your safety is our number one priority. Due to state and local restrictions, the 99.1 PLR Golden 5K will consist of two races at 7am and 9am. If larger events are allowed in July, we will hold one race at 9:00 a.m.
Three race heats with rolling starts to promote social distancing.
- Participants will choose their preferred heat when registering. We ask that you please stick to the start time you selected.
- NO race day registration is available.
- Masks required at all times (except while running).
- Numerous hand sanitizer and washing stations.
- On-course water station on the course with single-use bottles.
- Pre-packaged grab-and-go food bags & bottled water at finish line.
- Socially distanced portable toilets.
- Results not available on site. Will be posted online on race day by mid-afternoon.
- Awards will be mailed to participants. Awards will not be presented on site.
The 99.1 PLR Golden 5K will run entirely through East Rock Park. Participants will run along the Mill River and head up East Rock before turning around and returning to the finish. The course is a nice shaded route, perfect for a mid-July 5K!
- 6:15am: Packet Pick-Up begins for 7:00am race.
- 7:00am: First 5K Race (limited to 750)
- 8:15am: packet pick-up begins for 9:00am race.
- 9:00am: Second 5K Race (limited to 750)
All registered runners will receive a short sleeve tech shirt. This year, we are offering the option for runners to receive their race packets in the mail prior to race day. You must be registered by July 1, 2021 if you would like to have your race packet mailed to you.
Due to safety restrictions, there will be no post-race party after this year’s race. Participants will be offered a grab-bag of pre-packaged food to take with them after they finish the race.
Take part in the Huggies Diaper Challenge by bringing a package of diapers to the race to benefit The Diaper Bank. Every package of diapers makes a difference! Fundraise $100 or more for The Diaper Bank and receive a free entry into this year’s race! Contact email@example.com to learn more.
The Diaper Bank of Connecticut works to raise awareness that too many in our community lack access to basic health needs throughout their lifespans. The nonprofit distributes items through a strategic network of more than 60 community partners. The Diaper Bank of Connecticut has expanded its scope to distribute period supplies, as well as youth and senior incontinence products, but the crux of its mission continues to be getting infant and toddler diapers to families that need them most. Prior to the pandemic, 1 in 3 Connecticut families struggled to afford diapers, and the need has grown exponentially since the onset of the pandemic. No one should have to worry about affording basic health needs.