Milford, CT | Full-time Opportunity
Discover Your Talent.
Our award-winning and successful radio stations located in Milford, CT has an immediate opening for a full-time experienced Business Manager to run the day-to-day business operations. This position reports directly to the SVP/General Manager of our Connecticut operations and will be tasked with providing accurate budgeting, forecasting, and reporting for the local market. In addition, this candidate will collaborate and work closely with colleagues in the Corporate office on accounting, finance, payroll and human resource items. This position requires solid accounting experience and ideally come from a radio or media industry background. This is not a remote position and candidate must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as defined by the CDC.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide financial analysis and support to General Manager, sales managers and corporate office
- Manage all aspects of the CT business office, partner with the (part-time) Assistant Business Manager
- Manage the CT market monthly close, through a deep knowledge of what is going on in the opertation be prepared to explain variances in actuals versus budget
- Preparation of financial reports (including forecasts and annual budget) and analysis of specific issues
- Oversee accounts receivable, accounts payable, and credit application functions
- Review cash management, oversee collection efforts by coordinating with clients and the sales team
- Oversee payroll function; experience with payroll processing preferred
- Manage the HR responsibilities within the CT market
- Maintain EEO program, FCC related reports and hiring procedures, oversee or act as EEO Administrator
- Strong accounting and analytical skills; highly proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Self-starter, ability to work independently and meet deadlines, respond quickly to management requests
- Inquisitive mind – find out what is driving an unexpected outcome
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with an ability to interact with all management levels
- Understanding of Marketron, preferred
- Degree in business or accounting with 5+ years experience
Discover Your Passion.
We are Connoisseur Media, a broadcast media company that delivers quality radio to listeners, advertisers and communities. Connoisseur is recognized as one of the top 20 radio broadcasters in the United States and has won numerous awards. We own and manage the operations of 13 radio stations in three (3) markets, as well as operate a digital marking business. We believe that people are the passion and heart of our Company.
Please send all inquiries to Jane Manley – email@example.com
Connoisseur Media is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.