Run with 99.1 PLR at The Ion Bank Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K on Sunday April 23rd.
Featuring a Half Marathon, 5K and a Kids Fun Run! This year’s race is limited 2,000 participants.
The Ion Bank Cheshire Half Marathon & 5K is the largest community event in Cheshire, and raises funds for a number of charities including Abilities Without Boundaries, Best Buddies CT, and Cheshire Lions Club. In the event’s history, over $1,000,000 has been given to these charities, along with a number of other worthy causes.
The event also features the Healthy Living Festival. This gathering is a great opportunity for companies and local businesses to exhibit their products and services to promote a healthy and active lifestyle.
Race Day Schedule
Date: April 23, 2023
Location – Cheshire High School, 525 South Main St., Cheshire, CT
7:00 a.m. Packet pick-up & registration (race day registration will be available)
7:00 a.m. Healthy & Active Living Festival
7:45 a.m. Kids Fun Runs
8:30 a.m. Half Marathon Start
8:38 a.m. 5K Start
- Tech t-shirts to the first 2,000 5K & Half Marathon registrants.
- All kids run participants receive short-sleeve cotton t-shirt.
- Medals to half marathon finishers.
- Certified ½ marathon and 5K courses with split times. Both courses are fairly flat with significant stretches on the Farmington Canal Trail. Please note, the time limit for the ½ marathon is 3:15:00.
- HUB Insurance Kids Fun Run: Noncompetitive, Ribbons for all finishers, ¼ mile for kids 6 and under, ½ mile for kids age 7-12.
- Extensive medical personnel at race site and on race courses.
- Medical tent and ambulance near event finish lines.
- Seven aid stations on ½ marathon course.
- One aid station on 5K course.
- Shower facilities and free parking.
- UCAN Hydrate available on 1/2 marathon course.
- Bands/Music along 1/2 marathon course.
- Portable toilets on race course.
- Results posted on jbsports.com and cheshirehalfmarathon.org after the event.
- Corporate Team Competition (1/2 marathon & 5K): Unlimited number of participants allowed for each team. Three fastest runners for each team score. All team members must be employed by the same organization and each team member must list the organization when they register. Top three corporate teams in each race (5K and 1/2 marathon) win awards.
- Post-race party includes live music, food, entertainment, awards ceremony, kids activities, including inflatable amusements and fun for the whole family!
- Healthy living festival.
- Course maps available for the 5K and 1/2 marathon (see course map section).
- JB Sports, coordinators of the New Haven and Fairfield Road Races, is organizing this event.