New Haven Public Schools would like to share an employment opportunity at New Haven Public Schools. The position is Bus Monitor (Part-time).
School Bus Monitors
Apply online today!
JOB TITLE: BUS MONITOR
REPORTS TO: Transportation Department
PRIMARY FUNCTION: Monitor students on vehicle
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Note: These are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work performed. The omission of specific duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.
Ideal candidates must be able to:
* Must wear a face mask and monitor students to ensure their face masks are worn at all times
* Assists students in getting on the bus and to their seats
* Assists students in getting off the bus safely
* Ensures all students are properly restrained while riding the bus
* Assist driver with wheelchair students
* Help the students into/out of seatbelts and/or car seats
* Maintains order and behavior of students on the bus so driver will not be distracted from safe driving
* When dropping off a student be sure there is someone visibly present to receive him/her.
* Check the vehicle at the end of each route to ensure that no students have been left on board.
* Learn the bus route and make the substitute driver aware when necessary
* Attends all training/workshops as provided and all meetings as necessary
* Work with the building principals and staff to solve problems that might evolve on the mini-bus.
* Bus monitors are not allowed to bring their children or any other person on the bus that is not authorized to be on the vehicle
* Inform the School and the Transportation Office of any problems with students (et. delays and/or constant no-shows).
* Performs any other task deemed necessary by the supervisor
* Must be able to lift/push up to 50 pounds
* Must pass background check
UNION AFFILIATION: N/A
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Part-time. Rate is per diem in accordance with the number and type of bus routes assigned.
APPLICATION PROCEDURE: To be considered for opportunities for the 2020-2021 school year, all internal and external applicants must submit a completed New Haven Public Schools online application.