99.1 PLR celebrates 50 years! This week we are celebrating another great year in our history: 1985!
That year PLR presented Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble to New Haven’s Palace Theater. SRV was on his “Soul To Soul” Tour to support his third studio album, “Soul To Soul,” which featured such singles as Lookin’ Out The Window and Look at Little Sister. Joining Stevie Ray Vaughan at The Palace was special guest The Fabulous Thunderbirds. This was Stevie’s fifth time playing in New Haven, and sadly, this show ended up being his final one in the Elm City. Stevie tragically died in 1990 at the young age of 35.
Today we look back at SRV’s show in New Haven….
Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble
Tour: Soul To Soul
Special Guest: The Fabulous Thunderbirds
Thursday November 14, 1985
The Palace Theater in New Haven, Connecticut
Ticket Price: $14.50
Band Lineup: Stevie Ray Vaughan, Tommy Shannon, Chris Layton, Reese Wynans
- Scuttle Buttin’
- Say What!
- Ain’t Gone ‘n’ Give Up on Love
- Lookin’ Out The Window
- Look at Little Sister (Hank Ballard cover)
- The Things (That) I Used To Do (Guitar Slim cover)
- Cold Shot
- Couldn’t Stand The Weather
- Mary Had a Little Lamb (Buddy Guy cover)
- Tin Pan Alley (Jimmy Wilson and His All Stars cover)
- Voodoo Child (Slight Return) (The Jimi Hendrix Experience cover)
- Life Without You
Ticket stub courtesy of Timothy Wood
Check out these live clips of Stevie Ray Vaughan and Double Trouble in 1985